If you own an iPhone it’s likely that you’ve heard of some of the popular cases, such as the Otterbox Defender or the Tuneband. These cases are great, and as a matter of fact we use the Defender on all of our iPhones. Unfortunately neither of these iPhone cases are waterproof (though they are water resistant, which translates into sweat resistant as well).
For many people either one of the above cases will workout perfectly (no pun intended).
However, for those of you training for triathlons, or wanted to take your iPhone snorkeling, skiing, swimming, or surfing, you may want to check out the new LifeProof iPhone Case.
LifeProof designed this iPhone case to withstand all the trouble of every day life. The case is extremely durable while not adding a lot of bulk (less than 1/16th of an inch to be exact).
The only real downfall is that this case isn’t for those who like to switch cases a lot. The installation manual recommends keeping the case in place once properly installed as the gaskets (the seals that block out the water) may wear out more quickly if the case is removed often. In addition, it is recommended that the case be held underwater prior to installing to ensure the waterproof gaskets are actually working.
Here’s a few added features:
- Tested to military specifications for water, dust, dirt, and shock
- Includes bonus General User Headphone Adaptor and Keeper for headphone jack cover
- Includes a swimming adapter which in turn allows you to hook up to some waterproof headphones if you want to take your iPhone for a swim.
- Weights less than an ounce!
- Tested to withstand drops of up to 6.6 feet (and we all know how much we drop our phones)
Still a little doubtful about just how tough this case is? Check out the video below for some more proof.